Who We Are
Ocean Youth Lacrosse Mission Statement
To promote and maintain a fun and challenging developmental competitive youth lacrosse program that will ultimately feed the Boys Ocean Township High School Lacrosse team.
Ocean Youth Lacrosse is open to all boys in the Ocean area as well as nearby towns that do not have a boys youth lacrosse program. We practice in Ocean Township, NJ. We are a non-profit, community based program run by volunteers who are interested in promoting the following values:
Value Statement for Youth Sports
Youth sports programs provide an enjoyable learning environment for the physical, social and personal development of youngsters. The values of youth sports programs include:
- Promoting fitness
- Developing new skills
- Instilling a desire to succeed
- Teaching responsibility and commitment
- Teaching cooperation
- Preparing one to deal with success and failure
- Providing an outlet for the release of energy
- Building character through discipline
- Teaching how to cope with the realities of life
- Instilling a positive attitude toward authority
- Providing a fun and enriching experience
The likelihood that youngsters will realize positive sports values is enhanced when adult sports leaders take the responsibility to serve as facilitators of desirable sports outcomes.
This can be achieved when coaches assume a role as teacher and carry out lesson plans that develop skills progressively, emphasize positive sports values, and encourage life-long interest in sports participation. All donations are tax deductible.