What equipment do I need to purchase for my son?
- Helmet with NOCSAE seal (this is a tested and approved helmet). OYLAX uses red/white.
- Shoulder Pads
- Arm Pads - these are different for defense v. offense, ask your dealer or a coach for guidance
- Supporter and Cup
- Protective Mouthpiece - any color EXCEPT clear
- Stick - short stick for offense (all players in grades K-6), long stick for defense (grades 7-8)
- Lacrosse Cleats, rubber soccer and football cleats are fine
- Rib Pads are optional; they are sometimes used by middle school players on offense
Where to buy equipment?
There are various options to purchase lacrosse equipment for your son or daughter. It has been our experience that for those new to the sport, it is very helpful to go to a lacrosse only store where the store personnel are educated on the sport and fitting youth players. You may want to see what other players have by clicking here.
In addition, area retailers like Dicks and Sports Authority also carry lacrosse equipment. We have found the selection limited and the store personnel are not educated on lacrosse. You can also order from many retailers over the web if you search on lacrosse equipment. However, you may have better luck with exchanges at area retailers.